Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mommy Tip- Keep a blanket in your car

PhotobucketI always keep an old, but clean throw blanket in my in the trunk of my mini van and it gets used more than you might guess. I originally put it in there one winter just in case I broke down and needed to keep warm. I haven't needed it for that... yet. Since I have two young children I now keep two blankets in the trunk since they don't take up much room. Here are the ways I have used my blankets:
  • To cover a tired or cold child- this works great when you've been on the go all day and your child is over tired and won't fall asleep in his car-seat. (Even kids that don't normally carry a blankie)
  • To protect my seat's leather or trunk carpet when transporting something, big, sharp or dirty
  • To make a soft bed in a shopping cart (I have one who sleeps who like the dead and has gone through more than one grocery trip sound asleep in one cart while I pulled another cart full of groceries.)
  • As an impromptu picnic blanket
  • A place to lay a young baby for tummy time in the park
  • To hold up for privacy so one of my kids can change clothes
  • A place to sit during a parade when we've forgotten our lawn chairs
  • To wrap up with during a sporting event- especially during kids' sports games when the weather is always cold or raining on game day or at least it seems to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment